Warsash Scientific has introduced PerkinElmer’s new TPS 230 thermopile sensor as part of the TPS 23x family for low-cost remote temperature measurement applications.
The TPS 230 is a miniature thermopile sensor in a small TO-41 (3.5 mm cap diameter) housing. The sensor employs a small thermopile chip with a 0.5 mm round active area allowing small spot sizes and is optimised for a large output signal. These features make the TPS 230 ideal for compact ear thermometer solutions, high precision remote temperature sensing and infrared pyrometer applications.
Features and benefits:
- Miniature TO-41 housing (3.5 mm Ø)
- Small and perfectly round measurement spot
- Large output voltage
- High signal to noise ratio
- 5.5 µm IR longpass filter
- Stable signal in the case of ambient thermal shock due to the small TO-41 housing
- RoHS compliant – Si-chip made by standard CMOS processes