Spectrum Detector has designed a series of large aperture, high quantum efficiency optical TRAP detectors based on an ideal concept developed at NIST Boulder (National Institute of Standards and Technology).
This technology plays a critical role in NIST spectral calibration transfer standards.
By combining several high quantum efficiency photodiodes and a large, concave, broadband mirror in a multi-bounce optical configuration we can TRAP 99% of the light in the spectral range of 400 to 950nm.
By using a pyroelectric detector in this configuration the spectral response from 0.25 to 15µm is flat to 1% or better. This is a dramatic improvement over a typical calibrated single element detector which has an accuracy of +/-3%.
Optical TRAP detectors are intended for use in optical calibration and correlation of FO power meters, laser power meters and optical detectors.
If a user gets varying results between optical power meters when measuring a single source, he can employ an SPT-DR-TRAP system as an absolute standard. This way, he can correlate his meters to the TRAP system and minimize the measurement uncertainty.
The TRAP series, available from Warsash Scientific , is available in radiometer and joulemeter configurations with a wide range of standard smart probes to select from, including Si, Ge and InGaAs photodiodes or Pyroelectric detectors.
The ability to mix and match a variety of detector probes, oscilloscopes and lock-in amplifiers with a power module provides great versatility for any application.
The TRAP system is ideal for any ultra-precise measurement application, providing an affordable calibration standard at an equivalent cost as a single point detector calibration at NIST.
- Primary standard for optical power measurements 0.19 to 1.0µm
- Entire system is contained within single, compact, USB-powered probe housing
- Radiometer measurement performance 20µW to 200mW FS, with minimum resolution of 50nW
- Joulemeter measurement performance 2µJ to 2mJ, with minimum resolution of 100nJ
- LabView applications software that provides single and dual-channel measurement capability, powerful automation routines and sophisticated data collection, statistics and graphic presentation
- Pyroelectric, silicon and germanium detectors
- Versatile optical front end compatible with Thor Labs SM1 accessories
- Broadband calibration standard