Warsash Scientific introduces a cost-effective online condition monitoring solution based on proven, state-of-the-art non-dispersive infrared (NDIR) technology.
The SmartDGA gauge and EZHub from LumaSense are new products designed to allow customers to continuously monitor and control the condition of LTCs (load tap changers) and transformers.
The SmartDGA gauge addresses three major challenges of price, flexibility and ease of use.
Most DGA monitors are too expensive to support wide-scale deployment, thus limiting the ability to realise a Smart Grid and true condition-based maintenance. Online DGA systems lack flexibility and the ability to accurately identify and mitigate faults while most monitoring technologies are too cumbersome to install, maintain and service, leading to poor overall user experience.
Key features of LumaSense SmartDGA gauges:
- Dedicated online LTC condition monitoring
- Easy to install and maintain with compact modular design
- No consumables or carrier gases required
- No routine maintenance or scheduled calibration required
- Design allows for vertical or horizontal mounting on a single valve, two valves or in line with the filtration system
- Measures and monitors ethylene and acetylene to assess LTC health
- Software provides gas ratios and condition codes to monitor LTC condition using recent advances in IEEE C57.139 and CIGRE WG D1.31
- Available with fully integrated communications infrastructure for Smart Grid deployment
- Makes online DGA easy by simplifying installation and connectivity
- Saves money and time during SmartDGA installations and provides quick diagnostics
- Single point connectivity for power and communications to SmartDGA gas monitors
- Status indicators for each instrument
- Ability to set up instrument from laptop using software
- Rapid data download using USB
- 2 years’ memory storage
- Modular design for easy upgrades
- Simple face plate connections