The ShockLog 298GPS available from Warsash Scientific is an advanced range of event data recorders from Lamerholm Electronics designed for shock and vibration monitoring based on acceleration or velocity measurements.
Incorporating the latest in GPS tracking technology, ShockLog 298GPS event data recorders are similar to the standard 298 ShockLog unit in all respects with the added benefit of GPS positioning throughout the journey and for every event.
The 298GPS ShockLog combines Lamerholm Electronics’ advanced tri-axel piezo electric accelerometer technology with sophisticated electronics and software to offer an advanced shock, vibration and GPS monitoring instrumentation.
ShockLog 298GPS event data recorders record all the GPS coordinates at the end of each summary interval as well as at the point of every event. Users can download and access all the usual ShockLog data with GPS coordinates being added to both the summary and event information.
Comprehensive Windows-based software allows programming of wake up, warning and alarm levels and frequency of data collection as well as the setting of the acceleration or velocity range and frequency filter.
Key benefits of ShockLog 298GPS event data recorders:
- Provides a visible deterrent to incorrect operation and handling
- Decreases costs related to damage incurred during operation, shipping, handling and storage
- Highlights potential areas for improvement in operational, shipping and handling processes
- Isolates when and where unacceptable conditions occur and identifies accountable parties
- Operational and journey profiling
- Reporting of date, time, GPS coordinates and number of events from last reporting period
- Hyperlinks are available from software direct to Google Maps
- Identifies trouble spots in storage and transportation process