Polytec RLV-5500 Rotational Laser Vibrometers are advanced non contact angular velocity and displacement sensors, ideal for measuring rotating structures such as crankshafts, axles and pulleys.
Controlling drive train torsional vibrations is critical in the automotive design of reliable vehicles, electric power generators and aircraft propulsion systems.
Rotational vibration data used in the early stages of product development has enabled automotive design and test engineers to skillfully reduce engine noise and to substantially increase product durability.
Available from Warsash Scientific, the RLV-5500 Rotational Laser Vibrometer is a new class of instrument that benefits from digital decoding techniques, an improved S/N ratio, expanded rpm range of up to 20,000 rpm and a large standoff distance.
Positioning of the laser probe is now fast, safe and convenient, enabling uninterrupted and precise vibration measurements of operating machinery at several locations.
Even onboard measurement of an operating drive train in a moving vehicle is now possible.
Features and benefits
- Compact, fiber-coupled sensor head
- Precision measurement of rpm, angular velocity and displacement
- Expanded rpm range to 20,000 rpm at 10 kHz bandwidth
- Data independent of shaft geometry
- Improved S/N ratio through digital demodulation and filtering
- Compatible with all data acquisition systems
- Integrated air wipe to protect and cool the optics