Warsash Scientific has announced the release of the new UV-2000S Ultraviolet Transmittance Analyser from Labsphere.
Developed to meet the rigorous quality assurance needs of professionals involved in the formulation, development and testing of sunscreens, the UV-2000S accurately analyses in-vitro SPF / UVA-protection factor in compliance with AS/NZ 2604:1998 and the new international standards including COLIPA UVA-PF and Boots Star Rating (2008 Revision).
The UV-2000S system features new high performance diode array spectrometers coupled by new, advanced optical fibres and a re-optimised Xenon Flash Lamp.
Also including an optical head positioning mechanism, sample positioning stage and a new, robust software development platform, the new UV-2000S has incorporated the new component and software technology to position it as the industry's choice for in-vitro SPF / UVA analysis and production floor quality control.
• One touch sample analysis, with results in less than five seconds
• Manual stage for accurate sample positioning pre and post irradiation
• New wavelength standard that captures six relevant spectral bands denoted in COLIPA method
• Easy-to-use, industry method driven application software for COLIPA method and Boots Star (2008 revision)
• Simple instrument performance validation routine ensures accurate, repeatable measurements
• Automatic calculation of SPF, UVA to UVB ratio, critical wavelength.