Warsash Scientific has presented the ForesightTM series of fibre optic distributed strain and temperature sensors (DSTS) from OZ Optics.
The ForesightTM fibre optic distributed strain and temperature sensors use standard telecom fibres for simultaneous measurement of strain and temperature over long distances and are a tool for monitoring the health of large structures.
These sensors provide high-resolution long-range monitoring at a cost per kilometre that cannot be matched with any other technology.
The ForesightTM distributed strain and temperature sensors offer clear cost and technical advantages in applications including;
- Pipeline corrosion/erosion monitoring
- Bridge and building monitoring
- Dam monitoring
- Power line monitoring
- Border security / perimeter monitoring
- Building fire detection and much more
- Real-time fault point detection
- Reduced operating expense from centralised monitoring
- Reduced danger of catastrophic failure
- Optimised filed engineering resources, automated dispatch with GPS coordinates
- Provides a complete solution for structural monitoring
- Data transmission to server via internet
- Alarms to laptop, web browser or mobile phone
- Immune from electromagnetic interference
- Distance resolution up to 10cm
- Strain resolution up to 2µε (micro strain)
- Temperature resolution (0.1°C)