Warsash Scientific have released the new FL593FL, bringing Wavelength’s low noise FL500 laser diode driver under USB computer control. The FL593FL full speed USB controller comes with a robust driver, a Windows control interface, and an easy-to-use development API for building custom applications.
The FL593FL USB controller, with its on-board non-volatile memory to hold operational settings, continues to operate stand-alone after downloading configuration and disconnection from the PC. Alternatively, users can use the USB hubs to control multiple units from a single port. Each device is displayed in its own window, with real-time data acquisition, limit and set-point monitoring, interlock enable notification, and custom configuration options. Configurations can be saved and reloaded for consistency with multiple operators. The users can plug-n-play using the default factory settings or use the API provided to tailor the FL593 for a specific function.
This adaptable module is suitable for remotely controlling multiple laser diodes, such as burn-in racks and L- I characterisation systems. Set-point, current limit, constant current/constant power mode settings are all under computer control. Optional analogue inputs facilitate up to 500kHz modulation in constant current mode. Data acquisition period can be set from 100ms to 10 second intervals.
The FL593FL USB controller has the following features and benefits:
- Controls lasers with common photodiode cathode (Type A) configuration or isolated photodiode (type B) configuration Independent constant current or constant power mode setting
- Drive 2 channels up to 250mA each or a single channel up to 500mA
- Wide supply voltage range: +4.5 to 9 V
- Analogue signal monitoring points
- Safety interlock
- Includes input/output and USB cables
- Application software included
- Application programming interface (API)