Warsash Scientific presents a new thermopile detector series featuring a digital signal output.
The new thermopile detectors offer an efficient alternative to existing analogue thermopile detectors.
Used for remote temperature sensing by measuring infrared radiation, Excelitas thermopile sensors consist of a silicon-based thermopile chip in a metal housing with IR transmissive filter. The silicon chip carries a series of thermo elements, forming a sensitive area covered by an IR absorbing material.
The new thermopile detectors find application in high precision temperature sensing, ear thermometer and infrared pyrometry.
Key features of Excelitas thermopile sensors:
- Thermopile sensing principle allows for broadband IR measurements
- MEMS sensing element
- Optical filter defines the sensitive spectral range of the sensor
- Digital output sensor
- 17 Bit Tobj output ‘Direct Link’
- 14 Bit Tamb output ‘Direct Link’
- 3-pin TO-5 housing
- Thermopile sensor with large absorber area
- High signal to noise ratio
- 5.5μm cut on IR filter
- Operating voltage down to 2.4V
- Low current consumption