Warsash Scientific has presented the Examina Pro heating and cooling stage from Linkam Scientific.
The Examina Pro is an advanced temperature control system that features high speed heating/cooling and automated sample manipulation.
The system features precision stepper motors which enable sub-micron accuracy sample manipulation and automatic scanning capability throughout the stages full temperature range (-196 to 600°C).
Samples are loaded onto a 0.17mm thick cover slip which interfaces with a highly polished silver heating element to ensure good heat transfer and virtually instant sample response.
The fast temperature control and response, combined with better than 0.1°C stability make it suitable for confocal, high magnification brightfield, Raman and X-ray microscopy applications often encountered in biology, geology, semiconductor and liquid crystal research.
- Temperature Range -196°C to 600 °C (requires cooling pump)
- Heating and cooling rates of 0.01 to 130°C/min
- PC control using Linksys 32 software
- 100 ramp temperature programming
- Online temperature/time plot
- Positional resolution of motors 0.05µm
- Manual and PC operation