In order to provide comprehensive information about chemical threats immediately and accurately, Warsash Scientific has presented the ChemSight Hazardous Gas Detection System from Avir Sensors.
The ChemSight Hazardous Gas Detection System is an infrared (IR), line of sight, sensing system that utilises a non-contact, spectral analysis of the atmosphere to detect and identify of a wide range of Toxic Industrial Chemicals (TIC) or Toxic Industrial Materials (TIM).
With a line of sight path up to 100 metres, the ChemSight Hazardous Gas Detection System can provide continuous, uninterrupted monitoring of hazardous gaseous chemicals over a wide coverage area and is particularly suited to the monitoring of large indoor or outdoor facilities such as subway and train stations, stadiums, airport terminals, and government buildings as well as in industrial environments involving chemical storage, chemical production, hazardous waste treatment or oil/gas refining.
The ChemSight Hazardous Gas Detection System offers a global view and fast response to nearly all chemical challenges and interferants, providing good detection and identification capabilities.
The ChemSight Hazardous Gas Detection System is robust, easy to install and operate, and with its low-maintenance schedule and no-consumables, it is an install-and-forget detector.
The ChemSight Hazardous Gas Detection System's flexible interface allows it to be readily integrated with security network systems or to act as an autonomous detector system.
The ChemSight Hazardous Gas Detection System is a qualified anti-terrorism technology and a US Department of Homeland Security Safety Act Designated Technology.
- Continuous, uninterrupted (24/7, 365 days/year), monitoring
- Immediate response (1 sec followed by 15 sec confirmation measurement) to rapidly detect and identify chemical and concentration levels)
- Line of site path up to 100 metres for protection of large spaces, entry points, fence lines, sporting events etc
- Multi-chemical detection (Several chemical warfare agents, several important toxic industrial chemicals and common interferants)
- Good background rejection capabilities (exhaust fumes, cleaning agents, fire extinguishing agents, water vapour etc)
- Digital chemical library updateable via internet
- Long life, low maintenance (no contamination of sensing elements, filters, concentrators etc) and no consumables
- Built-in proprietary confidence tester for remotely testing the sensor to confirm operation, sensitivity and response time