Warsash Scientific has presented PerkinElmer’s Aculed, an all colour bright LED.
The Aculed is a high-power light source utilising multi chip-on-board (COB) technology.
It contains one blue, one red, and two green power chips to achieve multi-colour mixing. Each colour is driven by a separate anode and cathode giving the Aculed, a great flexibility in generating most colours in the CIE colour space.
In addition, the close chip placement can also produce an exquisite white colour mix.
As a high brightness, compact LED, Aculed has been designed for operation in specialty lighting applications.
Typical applications include mood lighting, vision systems, architectural or stage lighting, medical lighting, displays and signs, backlighting, or as a high-power light source for general illumination.
Options include blister tape packaging and evaluation kit (for electronic circuit testing).
Features and benefits
- High-power light source utilising multichip-on-board (COB) technology
- Good brightness resulting from good quality LED chips and good thermal management
- Compact size
- Good colour mixing achieved by a separate anode and cathode for each colour (red, green, blue)
- Close individual chip placement to produce an exquisite white colour mix
- One blue, one red and two green chips (green connected serially)
- Lambertian emitter with 120° aperture
- Up to 4.5 W electrical power