The range of Medical Vacuum filters, now available from Walker Filtration exceeds all requirements of the UK Health Technical Memorandum 02-01 guidance for medical gas pipeline systems and is specifically designed to protect plant installations from liquid, solid and bacterial contamination.
- Robust aluminium housings are fully compliant with the Pressure Vessel Directive 97/23/EC..
- Housings are coated with highly corrosion resistant Walker E-coat protection, inside and out, finished with 100μm polyester powder coating.
- Sodium Flame Efficiency to BS3928, independently validated by the Centre for Applied Microbiology and Research (CAMR), Porton Down measured at >99.998% exceeding HTM02-01 specification of >99.995%.
- Clean and dry pressure drop does not exceed 25 mm Hg (3kPa).
- Sterilisable glass drain flasks are supplied as standard with manual drain valves fitted to all models.
- MV Filters are clearly labelled with ‘Bio Hazard’.
- Multi layer pleated technology with high gamma factor media is used to form the media pack offering low differential pressure, high efficiencies and proven continuous performance with long service life.
- The media is a borosilicate microfibre glass and has been specifically developed for Walker Filtration. It is able to withstand harsh environmental conditions due to its immobilised structure, is completely inert and is immune to degradation. With high gamma factor capabilities this filter media is specially treated to be oleophobic and hydrophobic with submicron fibre diameters and an extremely high voids volume.
- Full traceability is provided by ink jet marking specific manufacturing codes on every filter element. This complies with the Company’s ISO 9001-2008 manufacturing procedures. All elements are supplied with an individual Certificate of Conformity.
- Walker Filtration recommends element change on MV filters every 6 months and provides clear procedures on how replace filter elements and dispose of hazardous waste