Rotary valves are designed for controlled feeding from or into silos and hoppers in confined space applications. The sealing of negative pressure cyclone and dust filter outlets is the other classic application.
Consisting of a tubular casing, a horizontally mounted rotor with a certain number of V-shaped cross section compartments, a drive unit and a casing cover opposite the drive end, rotary valves feature a robust and compact design with easy access to all internal mechanical components.
Two compartments of the continuously turning rotor are filled up with material at a time through the infeed opening at the top of the rotary valve. After less than half a turn the material falls through the outlet port with the same cross section opposite the inlet. RV drop-through rotary valve with square inlet and RVR with a circular inlet consist of a tubular cast iron or stainless steel casing.
Torex rotary valves are compatible with other WAM Group equipment thanks to WAM standard flanges. The rotary valves are available with various accessories and optional features to meet individual requirements.
Key features of Torex rotary valves:
- Feed rates from 2.2 litres to 19.5 litres per revolution
- Different drives for different rotation speeds
- Maximum differential pressure: 0.3 bar
- Various materials and treatments available according to product handled
- Robust and compact design
- Easy access to all internal mechanical components
Options and accessories:
- Available in ATEX zone 22 version
- Body in cast iron or 304/316 stainless steel (RV only)
- Chrome-plated, nickel-plated or Teflon surface-coated
- Scrapers made from different materials to improve sealing properties and diminish abrasion
- Compartment choking inserts for sticky materials or feed rate reduction
- Greased or gas or air-purged shaft seals
- Direct drive with fixed gear motor or variable speed drive
- Coaxial drive with chain transmission
- Bare shafted without drive unit
- Rotor choke for granular materials (RV only)
- Rotation indicator
- Enforced motor cooling
- Thermistors on motor winding