WAM Australia offers a complete range of specialised micro-batch feeders for powdery and granular materials.
The micro-batch feeders in their basic version are a range of volumetric feeders incorporating a blending tool that keeps the material constantly fluid during feeding.
MBF micro-batch feeders have been successfully operating in industries such as food, building, plastics, chemicals, packaging and environmental technology.
WAM’s micro-batch feeders are specifically designed both for continuous and batch feeding processes with the aim of maximising flexibility, precision and efficiency of the operation.
When combined with a platform scale on a microprocessor-controlled load cell supplied by WAM, the micro-batch feeders turn into gravimetric dosing units for use in batch processes for minor as well as major components up to fully controlled master/slave feeding units for multiple ingredients in percentage related dosing processes in continuous manufacturing.
MBF series micro-batch feeders for powder and granular product feeding are particularly suitable for poorly flowing materials that tend to clog along with adhesive products.
Key features of WAM’s micro-batch feeders:
- Internal geometry guarantees free flow of difficult materials
- Minimum clearance between screw flight and feeder pipe ensures high precision feeding
- Easy and quick maintenance due to fewer components
- High degree of homogeneity of the fed material
- Easy and quick cleaning due to engineering
- SINT polymer non-stick surface and quick access panel
- Units in FDA-approved food-grade SINT engineering polymer or completely in stainless steel
- Electric or pneumatic vibrators