ISR 6 advanced stationary digital pyrometers, now available locally from W & B Instruments , are designed for non-contact temperature measurement in ranges between 600 and 3,000ºC.
These compact digital pyrometers feature:
- a wide temperature range for flexible process adaptation
- high accuracy and repeatability
- built-in "dirty window" warning
- fully digital core for sub-ranging and adopted analog output
- very fast 2 ms response time for highly dynamic processes
- high quality optics with manual focus capability
- 4 digit LED display; and
- a robust, stainless steel sensor for harsh environments (IP65/NEMA4).
They take measurements using the 2-colour (ratio) method, in which two adjacent wavelengths are used for temperature determination. When compared to standard 1-colour pyrometers, this technique offers significant advantages.
In particular, temperature measurements taken using ISR 6 pyrometers are largely independent of the object's emissivity and in wide ranges unaffected by dust and other contaminants in the field of view.
This allows for measurements to be taken through dirty viewing windows up to a certain contamination, and permits the object being measured to be smaller than the spot size.
ISR 6 digital pyrometers can also be switched to 1-colour mode and used like a conventional pyrometer in a spectral range near 0.9 μm where required.
Parameter adjustments can be made using the InfraWin software by connecting the devices to a PC via an RS485 to USB connection. This can be used for temperature indication, data logging and further analysing of complete temperature processes.
Typical applications where ISR 6 digital pyrometers are used include in:
- steel making
- metal processing
- solar industry
- glass industry; and
- the cement industry.