W & B Instruments stock a range of water testing instruments from Delta OHM including the HD2103 rain gauge.
The HD2103 rain gauge has been designed to provide accurate measurements of the level of precipitation even in extreme high and low temperature conditions.
The rain gauge collects rain through a tipping bucket system which measures the quantity of rainfall based on the number of times the gauge's tipping bucket is emptied.
The system begins with the rain collector cone within the tipping bucket which channels rain water inside the bucket until a predefined level of water is reached. Once reached, the calibrated bucket rotates under the action of its own weight, discharging the water.
During the rotation phase, the closed reed contact opens for a fraction of a second, sending an impulse to the digital counter. Every time the tipping bucket is emptied impulses are sent to the digital counter to generate a specific rainfall reading.
Key benefits and features of the HD2103 rain gauge includes:
- built entirely from corrosion resistant materials
- data logger can record and store rainfall counts for future reference
- removable filter for easy and simple cleaning
- collector cone is treated with Teflon paint to increase ease of water flow
- can be installed on the ground or below the ground with at least 500mm above ground
- operates in temperatures of between -20 to 60 °C