Aqua Milling cuts through scale on the inside of pipes using only high pressure water. Utilising a single access point Aqua Milling can clean up to 305 metres, cutting around directional changes in a pipeline without the need for costly pipeline dismantling.
Aqua Milling is an innovation that significantly reduces downtime and total job costs. Non-production pipe work cleaning and descaling can also be delivered On-Line using Vicon's Supergun system.
Benefits of Aqua Milling:
- Fast setup access can be through a single point of entry.
- No dismantling of bends - Aqua Milling can negotiate multiple directional changes in the line, so avoiding costly dismantling.
- No dismantling of vertical sections - Aqua Milling easily drives through both horizontal and vertical sections.
- Versatile - It is suitable for almost all pipe materials, even plastic and polycarbonates.
- Environmentally sound - Can completely contain hazardous materials.
- Safe - Operators are not exposed to any reaction forces from jets. The whole operation is controlled remotely from the access point.
- Efficient - Aqua Milling utilises all the water pressure for descaling – retro or spinning jets aren’t used to drive and rotate the cutting nozzle.
- Flexibility - Application works on all scale pipes with diameters between 16mm and 2 metres
- Mobility - Aqua Milling is compact and can provide mobile on-site support at any time. The unit is stored in a 20ft sea container making it reliably transportable both onshore and off shore.