Manufactured in the USA, and imported and distributed in Australia by Vibration Solutions, these lock nuts feature the US manufacturer’s proprietary unique all-steel locking insert technology designed to permanently secure the nut on a bolt under extreme vibration and harsh environmental conditions.
The two-piece construction of the locknut has the locking feature (insert) separated from the loading feature (nut body), and is designed to overcome severe vibration applications. Security nuts find application in heavy vibration equipment, crushing and pulverising, mining equipment, earthmoving attachments, locomotive vibration applications and railway tracks with SLN Railoc nut.
Key features and benefits of Security Locknuts anti-vibration locknuts:
- Holds the bolted joint in place under extreme vibration conditions
- Effective in temperatures up to 400ºC
- Can be continuously reused
- Easy to install without any special tools
- Meets or exceeds the Industrial Fastener Institute 100/107 Standards
- Available in a wide range of sizes and styles including coarse, fine threads, plain steel and Zinc Dichromate plated, grades 5, 6 and 8 and Class 10
- Inch series ranges from 3/8” to 4” UNC and UNF, metric is from M10 to M64