Vertex Hydropore has recently commissioned a Titan reverse osmosis water treatment plant producing 7,500 litres per hour of demineralised water.
The feedwater is from a dam and pre-filtered by an Ultrafilter prior to the reverse osmosis (RO) unit.
Reverse osmosis systems or RO systems are used to remove dissolved solids including mineral salts and other inorganic chemicals from town water, river water, dam water, bore water and sea water.
RO systems are not particularly suitable for removing suspended solids such as silt or organic chemicals such as tannins. Additional water treatment methods such as Ultrafiltration may be required.
The Titan reverse osmosis system is designed for use on town or bore water sources containing up to 8,000 mg/l total dissolved solids (TDS).
Key features of Titan RO systems:
- Nominal production rates are 2,500 to 25,000 litres per hour
- 8-inch diameter thin film membranes in FRP pressure vessels
- Microprocessor control for fully automatic operation including product tank level
- Internal recycle system to maximise recovery rate up to 85%
- Corrosion-resistant stainless steel pump, gauges, fittings and frame for long operational life and maximum reliability
Reverse osmosis water treatment systems from Vertex Hydropore can be supplied as standalone RO modules, skid-mounted RO systems including pre-treatment equipment, enclosed cabinet RO systems and transportable shipping containers.