D500x500 HDD horizontal directional drills from Vermeer Sales & Service are equipped with a floating top vise and manually operated hydraulic controls. They provide enough power and durability for the biggest projects.
D500x500 HDD horizontal directional drills have High Torque/Low Speed Hydraulic Motors which eliminate the need for a bull gear, pinion gears, and planetary gear reduction boxes. They also reduce the amount of hydraulic hosing and electrical wiring.
Features of D500x500 HDD horizontal directional drills:
- There are not multiple high speed hydraulic motors mounted to the planetary boxes, reducing the overall number of components.
- By removing two pins, the bottom vises of the drills can be detached from the unit, a benefit when soft soil conditions require the need to run casing.
- Drill Rod Supporters help ensure proper rod alignment and reduce the need to manually guide the drill rod during drill stem make up.
- Thrust Box - The reduced axial load to rotational motor can increase the life of the motor.
- The Top Vise saves carriage travel time up the frame of the drill when breaking out drill rod, enhancing overall productivity. The built-in float helps prevent premature wear to drill rod threading during make up and break out of the upper joint.
- Manual Controls are designed for easy serviceability and troubleshooting capabilities.