Veederline offers Danaher Controls' newly-introduced Dynapar brand series F14 and F18 encoders which provide high performance, cost-effective feedback for stepper and servo motor controls. The application / functions of these encoders presented by Veederline are:
· The encoders feature compact 1.4" or 1.8" diameter package dimensions and a pluggable pin header
· A compliant tether allows easy mounting with high tolerance to motor shaft movement and 30 degrees of adjustment to align the signal outputs to the shaft position
· A unique clamping system, available in top or bottom locations, will not mar the shaft nor loosen over time and provides superior clamping force. No special tools are required for installation.
· Superior optical configuration provides generous internal component clearance eliminating potential damage at high ambient operating temperatures to 120°C. High temperature rated grease is standard for extended bearing life.
· A phased array sensor and low current demand provide stable output signals over a wide range of input voltage and output frequencies to 500 kHz.
· The use of optically-generated signals for brushless dc (BLDC) servo control provides higher accuracy and reliability by eliminating the hysteresis found in competitive units with Hall Effect sensors, ensuring maximum performance and reliability of the servo system.
The differentiate features are:
- F14 and F18 encoders offer a wide choice of incremental pulses-per-revolution, to 10,000ppr, and 4,6 or 8 pole commutation channels
- Electrical outputs are protected from short circuits and operate on 5V dc power
- Fast easy installation procedure sets the index by aligning a slot on the encoder's hollow shaft with a moulded mark on the unit's cover. The housing may be rotated to allow further adjustment of the index, or fine alignment of the commutation channels to the BLDC motor windings