EC-3000 Series and EC-3400 Series Rotary Cam Limit Switches available from Veederline use interrupter discs and photocouplers instead of traditional cams and mechanical limit switches, eliminating contact wear and bounce.
They provide on/off control of devices such as glue guns, solenoids, air cylinders, or relays on shaft-driven machinery.
Electronic Cam Limit Switches can be used as stand-alone switches, or they can be interfaced to programmable logic controllers (PLC’s) or other logic circuitry.
Although generally used for applications which do not require setpoint adjustment for speed changes or product changeover, EC-3000 Series and EC-3400 Series switches can accommodate multiple setpoint schemes by assigning groups of interrupters to different product configurations.
For product changeover, simply activate the appropriate group of interrupters.
All EC-3000 Series units are housed in NEMA 12 enclosures. All EC-3400 Series units are housed in NEMA 4X stainless steel enclosures.
All units have right, left, or double-ended shaft extensions with a 606 Woodruff Key provision; Nema 4X models have a double-ended stainless steel shaft.
The cover plate on the EC-3400 Series units is secured with clamps to avoid contamination. Five standard EC-3000 Series and four standard EC-3400 Series models are available.
Model outputs standard shafts:
- EC-3004/EC-3404 4 right, left or double
- EC-3008/EC-3408 8 right, left or double
- EC-3012/EC-3412 12 right, left or double.
The applications for the EC-3000 Series and EC-3400 Series switches include cartoners and case packers, palletisers, gluing machines, high-speed presses, automatic assembly, pick and place equipment, and similar machinery.
- Available with 4, 8, or 12 fused, optically-isolated outputs
- Heavy-duty construction for industrial environments
- Plug-in modules for AC or DC outputs; replaceable input/output fuses, easily removed and installed with a needle nose pliers
- LED’s indicate output status
- EC-3000 units housed in NEMA 12 enclosures; EC-3400 units housed in NEMA 4X stainless steel enclosures
- Sealed ball bearings
- Internal degree wheel and pointer located on shaft for easy and accurate adjustment
- Right, left, or double-ended shaft extensions with a #606 Woodruff key provision; double-ended stainless steel shaft standard with NEMA 4X models
- Available options include multi-pulse discs, external degree wheel and pointer, sprocket disengagement clutch, highvibration models, and special shafts
- Standard EC-3000 and EC-3400 UL listed, CSA certified; 240 VAC models not UL listed.