The universal transmitter RISH Ducer V-604 from Veederline converts the input variable, a DC current or voltage, or a signal from a thermocouple, resistance thermometer, remote sensor or potentiometer to a proportional analogue output signal.
The analogue output signal is either an impressed current or superimposed voltage which is processed by other devices for purposes of displaying, recording and/or regulating a constant.
A considerable number of measuring ranges including bipolar or spread ranges are available.
Input variable and measuring range are programmed with the aid of a PC and the corresponding software.
Other parameters relating to specific input variable data, the analogue output signal, the transmission mode, the operating sense and the open-circuit sensor supervision can also be programmed.
The open-circuit sensor supervision is in operation when the Rish Ducer V-604 is used in conjunction with a thermocouple, resistance thermometer, remote sensor or potentiometer.
The transmitter fulfils all the important requirements and regulations concerning electromagnetic compatibility EMC and Safety (IEC 1010 resp. EN 61 010).
It was developed and is manufactured and tested in strict accordance with the quality assurance standard ISO 9001. Production QA is also certified according to guideline 94/9/EG.
Features / benefits:
- Input variable (temperature, variation of resistance, DC signal) and measuring range programmed using PC / Simplifies project planning and engineering (the final measuring range can be determined during commissioning). Short delivery times and low stocking levels
- Analogue output signal also programmed on the PC (impressed current or superimposed voltage for all ranges between – 20 and + 20 mA DC resp., – 12 and + 15 V DC) / Universally applicable. Short delivery times and low stocking levels
- Electric insulation between measured variable, analogue output signal and power supply / Safe isolation acc. to EN 61 010
- Wide power supply tolerance / only two operating voltage ranges between 20 and a maximum of 264 V DC/AC
- Standard Version as per Germanischer Lloyd
- Provision for either snapping the transmitter onto top-hat rails or securing it with screws to a wall or panel
- Housing only 17.5 mm wide (sizeS17 housing)/ Low space requirement.
Other programmable parameters:
- Specific measured variable data(e.g. two, three or four-wire connection for resistance thermometers, internal or external cold junction compensation of thermocouples etc.) , transmission mode (special linearised characteristic or characteristic determined by a mathematical relationship, e.g. output signal = f (measured variable), operating sense (output signal directly or inversely proportional to the measured variable)and open-circuit sensor supervision (output signal assumes fixed preset value between – 10 and 110%, supplementary output contact signalling relay) / highly flexible solutions for measurement problems
- All programming operations by IBM XT, AT or compatible PC running the self-explanatory, menu-controlled programming software, if necessary, during operation / No ancillary hand-held terminals needed
- Digital measured variable data available at the programming interface/simplifies commissioning, measured variable and signals can beviewed on PC in the field
- Software includes functional test program / No external simulator or signal injection necessary
- Self-monitoring function and continuously running test program / automatic signalling of defects and device failure.