The SL-2000 Series Smoke Duct Detector from Veederline is the latest innovation for early detection of smoke and products of combustion present in air moving through HVAC ducts in commercial, industrial and residential applications.
The SL-2000 is designed and built to meet all local code requirements, as well as the NFPA and ICC standards regarding HVAC supply and return duct smoke detectors.
Output terminals are provided for a wide range of remote accessories such as horns, strobes, remote status indicators, and test/reset key switches or push buttons.
The SL-2000 includes many features that represent true innovations from current generation duct smoke detectors.
The attention to detail has yielded a host of No-Tools Required features, as well as a multiapplication performance level as yet unmatched in the industry. The key features below detail many of the customer-driven innovations incorporated in the SL-2000 Series.
Innovative product combined with unsurpassed customer service equals the right combination for all of your projects.
- Low-flow technology: Both ionisation and photoelectric models listed for velocities between 100-4000 ft./min
- Both models listed for high-temperature applications
- Operating voltages: 230VAC, 115VAC, 24VAC, 24VDC
- Interconnect up to 30 units for common functions
- Patent pending No-Tools Required front or rear loading and removing sampling/exhaust tubes
- Patent pending Test Port Valve allows for aerosol smoke testing without cover removal
- Clear cover fitted with four captive No-Tools Required thumbscrews
- Instantaneous cover removal trouble indication
- Staggered terminal blocks for easier wiring
- Flashing LED on detector head indicates normal operation
- Magnet test capability (magnet included)
- More wiring space than competitive models
- Footprint allows easy retrofit in many applications without additional drilling
- Over 15 remote accessories available
- Duct wall gaskets on back of enclosure are pre-installed
- Compatible with the WP-2000 weatherproof enclosure
- Reset switch is also an alarm test switch competitive models require a magnet or cover removal to test at unit
- Unit includes green pilot and red alarm visual indicators
- External mounting tabs do not require cover removal to install
- Coloured cover gasket indicates proper cover seal UL, CUL, CSFM, and MEA Listed Compact, lightweight size
- Two sets of 10A form C alarm contacts
- One set of 2A form A alarm contacts
- One set of 10A form C trouble contacts
- Large terminal connection screws
- Standard interchangeable plug-in UL268 photoelectric or ionisation heads
- Advanced detector head design yields internal dust filtering
- No additional screens or filters to clean
- Compatible with building automation and fire alarm systems
- Ionisation and photoelectric versions available
- Complete wiring details permanently attached to unit.