Bogie turntables from Vector Lifting are designed to assist with the flow of maintenance at train maintenance facilities.
Vector Lifting has designed and installed bogie turntables at the Craigieburn Train Maintenance Facility, Dry Creek Maintenance Facility, Westall Train Maintenance Facility, Taiwan High Speed Rail and Nowergup. The turntable is used for redirecting the bogies between the work lines and service lines for maintenance, once they have been removed from the wagons.
Custom-designed to suit the specific requirements of each facility, Vector Lifting’s bogie turntables increase the flow of maintenance work by helping to reduce the handling of the bogies when they are removed from the trains to the maintenance area.
Key features of Vector Lifting’s bogie turntables:
- Can be furnished with two set of rails to align with the workshop main rails for both standard gauge and narrow gauge
- Top surface is trafficable and flush with the workshop floor
- Rotates on a central pivot
- Locating latch (lock arm) provided for locking and aligning the rails of the turntable with the rails
- Standard turntable is rated at 7.5 tonne for rotation of bogies and allows for 50 tonne rollover capacity
- Stops at 90 degrees and can be rotated both clockwise and counter clockwise via motorised or manual rotation