Vaisala presents the DPT145 multiparameter transmitters designed for online measurement of dew point, pressure and temperature of SF6 gas.
Especially well-suited for integration into OEM systems, DPT145 multiparameter transmitters can also calculate four additional values including SF6 density, normalised pressure, dew point in atmospheric pressure and ppm.
DPT145 multiparameter transmitters provide an excellent assessment of the condition of the SF6 insulation through online dew point measurement combined with pressure measurement.
Bringing together the proven DRYCAP dew point sensor technology and BAROCAP pressure sensor technology in one package, DPT145 multiparameter transmitters provide an innovative and convenient solution for SF6 gas monitoring applications.
Sudden and minor leakages are immediately detected by the direct normalised pressure measurement, while online dew point measurement alerts the user to moisture issues, which can weaken the insulation properties of SF6 and cause rapid deterioration.
The DPT145 SF6 gas monitors also enable the user to build a redundant solution for multiple parameters.
With its ability to measure across a wide range of parameters, the DPT145 multiparameter transmitter eliminates the need for multiple instruments, saving time and money across the board from investment to installation, operation and servicing.
Significant savings are enabled through lower assembly costs, fewer cables and connectors, minimised need for on-site visits and field operations in addition to the long calibration interval.
Key features of DPT145 Vaisala multiparameter transmitters:
- Offers online measurement of seven SF6 parameters in one unit
- Measured parameters include SF6 dew point, pressure and temperature
- Calculated parameters include SF6 density, normalised pressure, dew point in atmospheric pressure and ppm
- Long calibration interval of several years
- Online measurement enables gas trends to be followed via a data collection system, making monitoring fast, risk-free and accurate
- One instrument for monitoring seven different parameters means fewer mechanical connections and reduced risk of leaks
- Environment-friendly monitoring through zero sampling with no SF6 gas released into the atmosphere