The Packaging magazine Evolution Awards - Household goods Packaging Action Award sponsored by Visy Industrial Packaging is open to brand owners that are signatories to the National Packaging Covenant with approved action plans that have best demonstrated a commitment to packaging waste management. Entrants can respond to the following questions in their entry form:
What activities has your company initiated to manage packaging waste and what has your company achieved in managing packaging waste? This can include activities undertaken prior to becoming a signatory to the National Packaging Covenant.
How has your company minimised environmental impacts from the disposal of used packaging?
How has your company conserved resources through better packaging design and production processes?
How has your company facilitated the re-use and recycling of used packaging materials?
What unique or particularly noteworthy packaging waste management solution has your company implemented? [Specifically relevant to the Action Challenge Award (category 7)]
What partnership with the community has your company developed to promote positive solutions to local environment and community issues such as increasing young peoples’ awareness of their environmental responsibilities and the actions they can take at a local community level?
There are nine award categories in the Packaging Magazine Evolution awards:
1. Beverage Packaging Action Award
2. Food Packaging Action Award sponsored by Huhtamaki
3. Household goods Packaging Action Award sponsored by Visy Industrial Packaging
4. Personal Care & Cosmetics Packaging Action Award sponsored by Colorpak
5. Pharmaceutical Packaging Action Award sponsored by Cospak
6. Retail Packaging Action Award sponsored by Sealed Air / Cryovac
7. Action Challenge Award sponsored by Heidelberg Graphic Equipment
8. Community Partnership Action Award sponsored by 3M Australia
9. Best Action Plan Award sponsored by Globus Food Packaging and Equipment
A best in show trophy will also be presented.
To download an entry form, click here.
For more information, email deputy editor Matthew Levinson, or call (02) 9422 2620