Available now from Balmoral Technologies , the XVME-690 is a powerful VMEbus PC compatible processor module from pioneering PC technology company, XycomVME.
This powerful VMEbus processor module integrates an Intel Pentium M or Celeron M processor running in a range of 1.5GHz to1.8 GHz with a PCI-to-VMEbus interface. It allows users to take advantage of the powerful multiprocessing capability of the VMEbus, while using standard off the shelf PC operating systems and software.
The XVME-690 PC compatible processor module incorporates the Intel 855GME/6300ESB chipset and has on board memory for 256Mb, 512Mb, 1Gb and 2Gb using ECC DDR 266/333MHz SDRAM.
The dual Ethernet 10/100/1000Mbps on the front panel can be switched to the optional rear connector for Vita 31.1 or rear Ethernet support.
For headless operation, the XVME-690 can be configured for “serial console mode”, and with the use of a USB keyboard and mouse with rear video configuration, these PC compatible processor modules can be configured for all rear I/O.
The XVME-690 has one PMC site on-board, with the option to expand to four additional PMC sites with the optional XVME-976/209 carrier board(s). This carrier board occupies the adjacent VME slot(s) on the component side of the XVME-690 and connects with a high speed mezzanine connector.
Other key features and characteristics of XVME-690 VMEbus PC compatible processor modules include:
- single slot 6U single board computer
- Intel Pentium M 1.8GHz or Celeron M 1.5GHz with up to 2MB of level 2 cache
- enhanced Intel SpeedStep to support operation at reduced speed and voltage
- EIDE Ultra-100 DMA controller supports up to three EIDE devices (compatible with XVME-977 and XVME-979 storage modules)
- optional EIDE on-board 1.8” hard drive or optional compact flash carrier
- two serial ATA150 (SATA150) external devices
- floppy disk interface (compatible with XVME-977 mass storage module)
- dual 10/100/1000Base T out front or Vita 31.1 on optional rear connector for in-rack Ethernet switch and fail over technology
- one PMC 32/64-bit 33/66MHz site (IEEE P1386/P1386.1) with front panel I/O bezel and user I/O on optional rear connector
- expansion for two additional dual PMC sites using XVME-976-209
- 855GME and 6300ESB chipset
- VGA graphics out front panel or rear video support (Pixel resolution up to 1600X1200 at 85Hz)
- rear operation using USB keyboard/mouse and rear video options
- VME-64 support with Tundra Universe IID A32/A24/A16/D64/D32/D16/D8, MBLT64 and fast hardware byte-swapping
- head-less (no keyboard, mouse or display) operation using serial console mode (jumper selectable) including BIOS setup
- parallel printer port (ECP, EPP and IEEE1284)
- USB 2.0 ports, one on front two out rear connector
- three RS-232/422/485 serial ports (BIOS selectable)
- COM1 and COM3 on front
- COM2 out rear connector
- long duration watchdog timer
- front panel reset switch and status LEDs
- line level stereo input and output
- software support Libraries for Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows XP Embedded, RTX, Linux, QNX and MS-DOS (others available on request)
- optional IEEE1101.10 (VME64x Compact PCI type) handles available at order time.