Balmoral Technologies presents the Tough Smart Marquee (TSM) smart box message controllers from Uticor.
The TSM message controllers support a variety of PLC communication protocols allowing them to communicate with most of the popular PLCs available in the market including serial protocols such as Modbus, DF1 and DH485 EZ as well as network protocols such as Ethernet/IP, Modbus TCP/IP and GE SRTP.
Without making any changes to PLC ladder logic, the message controller reads the values from connected PLC(s), evaluates programmed conditions, and sends to the connected marquee(s) all messages that satisfy conditions for display.
TSM smart box message controllers have the ability to drive one or more marquees. While a single marquee can be driven using a 9-pin RS232 port on the message controller, multiple marquees can be connected on the Ethernet port, or on the serial port using a 232 to 422 converter.
Designed for indoor applications, the message controllers are housed in a compact, industrial grade plastic ventilated housing featuring a steel back plate with four mounting holes to mount the controller on the rear of the marquee or at a remote mounting panel location.
Key features of TSM message controllers:
- User programmable message controller is used with Uticor slave marquees
- User programs the messages and the corresponding conditions under which messages should be displayed on connected slave marquees
- Messages can be sent to a single marquee, a group of marquees or broadcast
- Power up messages (only displayed once) and event triggered messages
- Connectivity to most of the popular PLC brands using serial or network protocols