Available from Balmoral Technologies , Tough SmartMarquee LED display signs maintains uniform brightness over their entire lifetime.
The luminous intensity of an LED depends upon the current going through it. The luminous intensity degrades over a period of time, so if the current flowing through each one of the LEDs in a regular LED display sign varies even as much as 10% and the luminous intensity differs even as much as 20%, the result would be a sign that will look great when first installed but would need replacement within a few years due to dimming LEDs.
Tough SmartMarquee LED display signs avoid this dilemma and have the marquee looking as good as new all the time by:
- using matched luminous intensity LEDs
- carefully controlling the current through each LED
- reducing switching current losses to almost nothing
- using very efficient, 95% plus, switching power supplies
- performing a 96-hour burn-in test under power to weed out marginal LEDs.