One of the key goals in the design of the new power panels was ‘Ease of use’. In addition to being simple to use, the program has several convenience features designed-in, that will save you screen design time. The PLC addressing uses tag names, so that you can associate meaningful, easy-to-remember names to the addresses.
Additionally tags are useful if you use different PLCs with the same HMI program. You will need to design a HMI program only once, and just change the Tag definitions to match the PLC you have to use - a time-saving feature.
Advanced Pre-built components:
Though easy to configure, the PowerPanel touch panels are not simply push-button pilot-light replacers.
For example, the PowerPanel offers panel components such as analog meters, PID faceplate, bar graphs, trend graphs, alarms, recipe, radio buttons, thumbwheel, a variety of switches, and a rich library of bitmaps.
In addition there is a selection of 128 rich colours for all these components. Each colour can be selected to blink to create components that would draw an operator's attention.
The PowerPanel HMI features include:
- Free Easy as 1-2-3 programming software
- Advanced pre-built panel components
- Line graph, trending, and alarm history
- Built-in symbol factory of our 2000 symbols
- Flash card for program storage
- Ethernet connectivity
- Serial drivers for almost all PLCs
- Network options for DH+, remote I/O, Modbus +, CC Link,
- ControlNet, DeviceNet, Profibus, and others.
- NEMA 4 Housing
- Unique ‘On-Line’ programming
- Fastest response to touch input
- Multiple languages
- Multi-state indicators, bitmap buttons, and overlapping objects