EZCE Touchpanel is an open platform PLC Touchpanel that combines the assets of the original EZTouch and EZPanel Enhanced, which is its ease of use for both operators and programmers with the advanced functionality of a disk-less industrial computer running WindowsCE.
It is available from EZAutomation in all the eight different screen models of EZPanel and has the same footprint as the original EZTouch and EZPanel Enhanced. Programs developed on either the original EZTouch or the EZPanel Enhanced can be seamlessly transferred to the EZCE Touchpanel. Programs developed on EZCE Touchpanel can also be transferred to EZPanel Enhanced. In fact the EZPanel Enhanced Programming software is common to all these models.
- Incredible 3-D graphical objects: pushbuttons, numeric entry, meters, line graphs, PID faceplates, etc. All are high-speed, vector-based objects with amazing scalability.
128 colors for use in objects and graphics
- Display text in up to nine different languages (user-selected by a push of a button!)
- Built-in Symbol Factory with over 4,000 symbols
- Screen and object password protection (eight user-defined levels)
- Unmatched alarm capability with history, count and details
- Recipe downloads to the PLC:20 values into 20 registers (fixed or variable)
- Floating-point numbers to and from PLC
- Built-in clock and calendar
- Forty-character tag names mapped to PLC addresses
- Bitmaps can be sized on the screen in the EZPanel/EZCE Touchpanel Software
- Import/Export tags to/from Excel or CSV files - Export messages to Excel or CSV file
- Export alarms to Excel or CSV file
- Multi-state Bitmap object (bit or word selectable)
- Multi-state Indicator/Message object (bit or word selectable) allows up to four embedded data variables in messages
- Bitmap Button object
- Scalable meters and bar graphs
- Floating point support for Meters, Bar Graphs, PID and Line Graphs
- EZCE Touchpanel Models
EZCE Touchpanel’s are available with serial drivers or Universal Ethernet (Ethernet/IP, DF1 over Ethernet, MODBUS TCP/IP or GE SRTP). In addition, many of these panels have the capability of interfacing to industrial networks like DH+, Remote I/O, Modbus Plus, DeviceNet, CC Link, Profibus, etc. All these panels have a very low slim profile along with a smaller footprint on enclosures.
Where does it make sense?
If you need to give your machine operators access to the Microsoft world of CE, that is the ability to view files such as Adobe Acrobat PDF, Excel, Word, MPEG (Video), Word Pad text editor, as well as give access to Internet or Intranet, EZCE Touchpanel is a good choice.
The user can also write their own programs in Visual Basic or C++ along with the EZPanel application running on the unit. There are pros and cons of using a dedicated HMI panel vs an open platform panel, but the beauty of the EZAutomation’s unique and exclusive approach is that you develop your application using the same programming software and can run it on either panel. EZ as 1-2-3!
- Allen-Bradley DF1 Half and Full Duplex (PLC-5, SLC 500, MicroLogix 1000, 1200 and 1500)
- DH485/AIC/AIC+ for MicroLogix 1000, 1200, 1500, SLC500, 5/01, /02, /03
- Aromat Mewtocol COM
- Control Techniques - Unidrive 2-wire, 4-wire (binary)
- Control Technology Corp. (CTC) - CTC2600, 2700 and 5100 (CTC Binary)
- GE Fanuc SNPX (90/30, 90/70)
- Idec Computer Link
- Omron Host Link (C200 and C500)
- All Mitsubishi FX Series
- Modicon MODBUS RTU
- Siemens S7 MPI Adapter series PLCs
- Square D Symax - 300 Series CPU, 400 Series CPU (Symax)
- Texas Instruments - TI5x5 Series, TI505, TI545-1102, TI545-1104
- All AutomationDirect DirectLOGICPLCs
Allen-Bradley Data Highway Plus or Remote I/O
- Ethernet DF1 Protocol
- Profibus DP
- MODBUS Plus
- MODBUS TCP/IP
- GE SRTP