Upwey Valve & Engineering presents the Pressure Regulators WAS/WAT, a pressure regulator that reduces the upstream pressure to a preset downstream value. The Pressure Regulators WAS/WAT design has shown dynamic water cylinder sealing with corrosion resistant materials in all internal parts.
The Pressure Regulators WAS/WAT features a robust poppet in sleeve design to ensure good guiding and support and a valve that modulates to keep the downstream constant despite variations in flow rate and upstream pressure. The main valve poppet and seat, with a labyrinth grooved type, has proven to be best in “wire drawing” erosion, cavitations and dirt resistance.
Downstream pressure can be regulated up to 19 MPa, however the Pressure Regulators WAS/WAT were normally made to regulate in the range 1.0 – 2.0 Mpa in narrow limits to set the pressure.
Features of the Pressure Regulators WAS/WAT:
- The Pressure Regulator is controlled by a pilot regulator normally mounted at the top of the valve.
- Allows for rapid closure to prevent overpressure when the flow through the valve drops suddenly.
- The valve opens slowly in response to low downstream pressure.
- The supply pressure must be higher than the desired pressure to allow for internal losses in the valve
- The wear parts are the same and are used in the HPE range of high pressure water control valves.
- Maintenance can be done in-line requiring access from one side only.
- Internal damping control for surging in very large systems adjustable orifice rate control.