Backfill/ mud diverter valves from Hydro Power Equipment (HPE) are used to divert the flow of backfill material from one point of placement to another.
HPE's backfill diverter valves are manually operated with a lever-type handle, which is designed to give a shock impact to divert flow should the valve become stuck or if pressure is higher than normal.
Also used to divert flush water away from the placement point when pipes are flushed at the end of a backfill placement cycle, the backfill diverter valves ensure that the placed backfill material is not diluted or washed away by the flush water.
A unique flip-flop principle prevents the backfill diverter valves from being in the middle position to avoid operator injury when they flip under full flow conditions.
Key features of HPE’s backfill diverter valves:
- 65mm bore
- Simplified cleaning and repair maintenance
- Port for drain valve to indicate when flush water reaches the valve
- Flip-flop principle prevents injury to the operator when the valve flips under full flow conditions
- Flanges to suit customer requirements
- Maximum working pressure of 3.5 MPa
Hydro Power Equipment is based in South Africa and represented by Upwey Valve & Engineering in Australia.