GYRO-Disc slurry valves are designed specifically for slurries, ash disposal, abrasive media and any application with heavy scale build-up.
Rated to a maximum CWP of 150 bar (ANSI class 900), GYRO-Disc rotating disc slurry gate valves are suitable for applications in mining, mineral processing, power generation, pit dewatering, sand, gravel, chemicals, pulp and paper.
GYRO-Disc valves have a rotating disc mounted on a carrier wedge assembly, with the disc up to 3 times thicker than the blade in knife-gate valves.
GYRO-Disc rotating disc slurry gate valves feature a complete disc and carrier assembly suspended on the end of the spindle, which allows movement around the axis.
During the opening and closing of the valve, the orientation of the disc assembly together with pressure differences on the face of the disc while in the flow will cause the disc to touch the valve seat and rotate by a few degrees.
This rotation causes the disc to seal in a different position on each cycle, exposing a different portion of the disc to the flow to spread the wear around the circumference of the disc.
The discharge section of the body has a circular cut-out in the lower area and the flow is directed into this section during closure, causing a flushing action to remove any deposits. This prevents the disc from fouling on build-up.
Key features of GYRO-Disc rotating disc slurry gate valves:
- Fabricated using Xlerplate boiler plate GR460R from BLUESCOPE as standard
- Also available in stainless steel 304, 306 UNS S32750 super duplex on request
- Designed for operation in the full-open or full-closed position
- Actuation options include hand-wheel, bevel gearbox, pneumatic, hydraulic and electric
- Full bore design
- 2-part epoxy or powder-coated finish
- Easily adapted to suit all actuators
- Low maintenance requirements and extended life
- Suitable for wet or dry service
- Suits highly abrasive applications