Dust collectors used in food processing facilities often require modifications including ledge-free design, stainless steel finishing and fire and deflagration suppression systems.
There are several factors that need to be considered when selecting an air cleaning system for food processing environments. Fugitive dusts from breads, cereals, snack foods and seasonings can migrate onto floors and expensive machinery, leading to slippery surfaces and increased maintenance problems.
Available in a variety of configurations, SFC dust collectors from United Air Specialists are designed to avoid safety hazards within the food processing facility, and can be used in conjunction with all types of material handling systems including bin vents, conveyors, chutes, bucket elevators and transfer stations.
Key features of SFC dust collectors from United Air Specialists:
- Obstruction-free horizontal filter arrangement with a patented pulse cleaning mechanism effectively cleans cartridge filters
- Provides 25% or more pulse cleaning power than other similar sized systems
- Uses less compressed air, resulting in significant savings over the life of the unit
- MERV 15 cartridge filters last up to twice as long as standard commodity filters
- Protura Nanofiber filters ensure low pressure drop due to an extremely fine web-like coating on the filter surface
- Less pulse cleaning results in less filter changes and lower energy costs
- Spun bond and other washable filters available for processing sugars, candies and confections
- Bag in/bag out filter change
- Bin level indicators
- Clean In Place (CIP)/ washdown capabilities
- Explosion vents
- HEPA safety after-filters
- Ledge-free design
- Polished finish
- Stainless steel 304 and 316 construction
- Fire/explosion suppression systems