Unispan Instruments presents a new AC power source recently introduced by B&K Precision to its power supplies range.
Model 1657 AC power source delivers up to 1500 VA in two selectable output voltage ranges of 135 VAC or 270 VAC, at frequencies from 45 Hz to 450 Hz.
Featuring a standard 19" rack-mountable design, the new AC power sources are suitable for automated test environments, providing a complete solution for industrial product testing applications in design and manufacturing.
Engineers and technicians need the ability to characterise product performance on various line voltages, or under less than ideal input power conditions. Settable voltage and frequency parameters in AC sources are therefore an absolute necessity for input voltage margin testing at 50 and 60 Hz, or in avionics testing where equipment is operated in the 400 Hz range.
The high efficiency Model 1657 AC power source meets these challenging requirements with a programmable AC output voltage up to 270 VAC, and an adjustable frequency from 45 Hz to 450 Hz. The power source offers a universal line output terminal and built-in PFC to provide an input power factor of 0.99 at full load.
Key features of Model 1657 AC power source:
- Voltage and frequency parameters set via the front panel’s easy-to-use control knob
- Bright VFD display continuously displays output voltage, current, power and frequency with 0.1V/ 0.01A/ 1W/ 0.01Hz resolution
- RS232 remote interface for remote communication through a PC
- Automatic protection against overload, short circuit and over-temperature conditions indicated by an alarm LED
- Convenient output On/Off switch for additional safety