Glenn Sheppard has joined Unique Micro Designs ’ Technical Services Group (TSG) as systems engineer.
Glenn joins UMD with a wide range of experience in mobility and point of sale systems.
Glenn's service delivery skills will further enhance UMD's professional service products.
UMD is now strategically positioned to offer and deliver a diverse range of service solutions to Glenn’s dealer and customer base.
Glenn's experience comes from working at southern rework and TechComm Group (LogicCMG), where, for the past twelve years, Glenn has worked within the POS and RF industries, working closely with Symbol Technologies (Motorola) wireless products and NCR POS products.
Over the years, his tasks and roles have included:
- Conducting wireless site surveys
- Wireless network design and implementation
- Project management
- Staging of RF and POS hardware
- Installation of RF, POS and Eftpos systems
- Sales of POS and scanning systems
- Providing customer support
- Field service support
- Software upgrades and
- Hardware service and upgrades
These roles will enhance UMD's abilities to provide key service solutions to the dealer and customer base.