ULTRASPIN has successfully exported its S1 Skimmers all over the world, including South Africa.
The latest application in South Africa is a fuel depot where they are used to provide a skimmed feed to an oily water treatment system to remove solvents and fuel from the effluent.
The Ultraspin surface skimmer is designed to remove oil, fats and floating material from tanks, sumps, interceptors and other effluent pits. It may also be used in open waters such as lakes, harbours and lagoons. It is a true self-adjusting, weir-type, oily-water skimmer.
* Surface skim-height is fully self-adjusting to take the finest cut of surface liquid despite changes in flow rate or fluid viscosity.
* Continues to work effectively even if the whole skimmer tilts in relation to the water level. Tilting often occurs in confined pits or when the suction hose is twisted.
* Suitable for unmanned operation, reducing painstaking, labour intensive maintenance, and reducing the costs associated with manning and maintenance.
* Fluid is skimmed from all directions.
* Can be supplied with purpose-built trash screen.