Moisture measurement has always been an important process parameter.
Traditionally this has been carried out using the conventional laboratory analysis of a manual sample.
ultraMOIST On-Belt Moisture Measurement System now allows the accurate measurement of moisture in realtime.
The information can be used in a number of ways including:
- Metallurgical/process accounting
- Product nett weight monitoring
- Dverting excessively moist material away from vulnerable downstream processes
- Product moisture contract compliance
- Fedback control to a dryer circuit
- Quality control compliance
- Feed forward/back control to spray bars
- Wood flakes
- Mineral ores
- Batching plants
The ultraMOIST On-Belt Moisture Analyser consists of the following sub systems:
Measurement frame which provides the means of mounting ultraMOIST on the conveyor as well as accurate alignment of the microwave transmitter and receiver subsystems.
Electronics Control Cabinet – usually mounted on the measurement frame. This cabinet contains electrical, electronic and microwave hardware which consists of:
- Processor / PLC
- Power supplies
- Electrical terminations
- Microwave components
The ultraMOIST On-Belt Moisture Measurement System is available from Ultra-Dynamics .