Ultra-Dynamics have announced the release of Promecon’s Mecontrol UBC on-line unburned carbon in ash monitor for sale in the SE Asian market. The Mecontrol UBC on-line unburned carbon in ash monitor is a microwave based technology designed to be installed into the dense phase of the ash collection system. The system is robust and reliable and offers proven results for the certification of fly ash prior to sale as well as optimisation of boiler performance.
The system offers the following advantages:
- On line measurement ie 5-10 min system update time
- Independent from the coal type, only one calibration necessary
- High accuracy in comparison with lab data
- Provides direct input variable for the process control (e.g. classifier speed) and combustion optimization
- Proven as a reliable instrument for the certification of fly ash
- Ideal for the use with Low NOx burners
- Can be operated in a variety of operating modes to suit almost any ash collection configuration and operation
- Manual or optional automated sample collection provides ash samples for off line lab analysis.
Ash Quality Control: Mecontrol UBC has proven its suitability as a reliable UBC analyser in direct comparison to analysis data using certified laboratories. The measuring system is precise across a broad measuring range and is independent of variations in coal type. It provides an ideal tool to monitor the quality of fly ash in order to maximise fly ash sales and minimise disposal costs.
Boiler Optimisation: For example, classifier adjustment or changes in the secondary air will be observed as changes in the UBC levels. By utilising the UBC feedback signal, plant operators can increase combustion performance, achieve NOx reduction, lower UBC and improve overall boiler efficiency.