The application of Magnasat magnetic susceptibility meter to drill core analysis:
Magnasat magnetic susceptibility meter is a bench top device which determines the magnetic susceptibility of drill cores by measuring the changes that the materials in the drill core cause to an alternating current magnetic field.
The magnitude of these changes is dependent on the material's magnetic and electrical properties and quantity of material presented for measurement.
The physical principle on which Magnasat magnetic susceptibility meter is based relies on tried and tested technology; if a magnet is moved through a coil an electrical current is generated, conversely if an electrical current is passed through a coil a magnetic field is produced.
In this way an absolute measurement of magnetic susceptibility is provided.
- Absolute measurement - results are output in m3/kg
- Fast results - materials handling system allows a drill core to be analysed in a few seconds
- Low cost - Manual handling system with all the benefits of an automatic handling system but at a low cost
- Multi-frequency capability- Allows investigations into frequency effects on magnetic susceptibility
- Extended capability- Optional real and imaginary magnetic susceptibility can be provided
Magnasat magnetic susceptibility meter is available from Ultra-Dynamics .