Tyco Electronics has introduced a new 7-16 Composite Airwaves connector series, which offers cost and weight savings for wireless base station subsystems where this type of connection is used.
The cost-savings benefit of the 7-16 Composite Airwaves connector series is especially applicable for panel mounted connectors which typically use the most raw materials.
Also, 7-16 Composite Airwaves connector series provides full compatibility and intermateability with other standard conventional 7-16 connectors having the same performance level or better.
7-16 Composite Airwaves connector series is made with a plastic outer body offered in various colours and a typical metal RF insert keeping the standard 7-16 dimensions and performance.
- Weight savings up to 60% for large panel mount jacks
- Cost savings on raw material (copper alloy and plating)
- Stable and good intermodulation performance
- Fully intermateable with other standard 7-16 connectors
- Cable plug with composite nut is possible
- Meets 7-16 Standard IEC 61169-4
- No corrosion of the housing