Turck Australia BL Compact system is a modular I/O solution for collecting a variety of signals in a single, rugged node on a network. Rather than routing all signals through a control cabinet, this device makes it possible to obtain analog, digital, thermocouple, RTD, serial, RFID or a mixture of signal types in a compact, on-the-machine device over DeviceNet, CANopen and PROFIBUS-DP.
Features of the modular I/O solution include:
- Up to two signal types can be combined in any combination in the BL Compact modular I/O system, including RFID and analog, digital and serial—and more
- The BL Compact modular I/O system may be customized to suit a user’s specific needs, so that devices may be added to an existing network and signals may be gathered on the machine without an enclosure
- This drop-in solution can be used to connect up to 16 devices—drastically reducing the time it takes to run wires for each device back to the control cabinet and the potential for wiring errors
- The BL Compact system is currently available with four, eight or 16 ports in an environmentally hardened package that is rated for IP 67 and 69k protection
- M8 or M12 connectors for bus communication and auxiliary power facilitate easy installation into any application, existing or new