Turck’s IP67-rated BIM-UNTK magnetic field sensors feature a length of only 19.7mm, making them ideally suited for measuring particularly short hydraulic cylinders, pneumatic power clamps and grippers.
Operators benefit from increased switch point accuracy in addition to the sensor's extremely compact mounting form. With its ability to disappear completely in the T groove, the sensor eliminates potential for any mechanical damage.
Designed to fit simply into the T groove of a cylinder from above or the side, BIM-UNTK miniature field sensors can be secured with a hexagon socket screw. The sensor is easily fastened with one hand in the standard T groove without the need for additional accessories.
Turck offers suitable mounting accessories for different cylinder and groove sizes for various cylinder types such as tie rod cylinders, round cylinders or dovetail groove cylinders.
Key features of BIM-UNTK magnetic field sensors:
- Polyurethane jacketed cable suitable as trailing cable
- Model available with 2m cable and an open cable end as well as two 30cm pigtail variants with M8 and M12 connectors
- Designed as 3-wire devices with an N/O output (PNP signal)
- Ideal for temperature ranges from -25ºC to +70ºC
- LED on the sensor enables the cylinder position to be read directly in the field