Turck Australia announces a new non-flush inductive proximity switch in a robust washdown version for use in various indoor and outdoor applications.
Turck has extended its successful uprox+ sensor range with the introduction of the new inductive proximity switches in a Q80 housing.
The new Q80WD inductive proximity switch detects all metals with the same high switching distance of 75mm. Offering a high degree of flexibility, the sensor can be mounted partially embedded or fully flush, with its switching sensitivity adjusting itself to the mounting conditions accordingly, making the Q80WD suitable for use in a wide range of applications.
Application of the Q80WD inductive proximity switches ranges from gap detection in filling beverage cans to switching tasks on materials handling systems in washdown environments, in addition to outdoor applications on railway tracks.
Key features of Q80WD inductive proximity switches:
- Available with a four-pin M12 connector and an antivalent PNP switch output
- 80mm rectangular sensor comes with protection to IP68/IP69K - suitable for food and beverage industry applications
- FDA-compliant housing materials can withstand high-pressure cleaners and aggressive cleaning agents
- Robust design also useful for outdoor applications
- Fully encapsulated proximity switch cannot be damaged by dew and condensation water