Turck Australia announces the release of a new range of rugged in-cabinet Ethernet switches featuring a new multimode fibre optic port unit for reliable, fast performance in process and factory automation environments requiring conversion from fibre to copper media.
Don Eichman, Product Specialist, Turck explains that the extended range of in-cabinet Ethernet switches allows customers to expand their Ethernet network with a reliable, cost-efficient solution. With a new fibre optic port option and a design offering all essential standards and certifications, these switches enhance application flexibility and satisfy performance requirements in harsh, industrial environments.
Consisting of unmanaged and managed models, the complete product line has also been approved for use in hazardous locations per UL and ATEX ratings. These IP20-rated Ethernet switches conform to all necessary IEEE standards and support a wide range of Ethernet protocols including EtherNet/IP, Modbus TCP and PROFINET.
Key features of Turck in-cabinet IP20 Ethernet switches:
- Available in small expansion 5- to 8-port unmanaged configurations and 8-port managed options
- All models contain RJ45 sockets for fieldbus connection and removable terminals for power
- Fibre-copper converter can be employed to efficiently convey data from standard devices over great distances
- Provides an Ethernet solution for remote nodes
- Capable of information transfer and real-time I/O control in a wide variety of industrial locations, including UL/ATEX hazardous areas
- Simple installation by applying power and connecting devices to the ports