Turck Australia introduces new 7/8-16UN minifast explosion-proof feed-through receptacles, which are CSA certified as a secondary conduit seal. These quick-disconnect solutions can serve as secondary conduit seals to prevent gas migration or as a boundary seal, when used with a Turck CSA certified cordset. The receptacles may be applied in Class I, Division 2 locations without the use of intrinsically safe circuits or in Class I, Division 1 locations with intrinsically safe circuits.
Features of the receptacles include:
- The receptacles are fully potted in a durable 316 stainless steel housing
- The explosion-proof feed-through receptacle is designed to withstand 2,000 psi of pressure
- New 7/8-16UN minifast explosion-proof feed-through receptacles also provides IEC IP67 protection against liquid ingress when a mating connector is attached
- The receptacle installs directly into 1/2-14NPT threaded conduit entries and is rated for 600 V and 9 A
- When used as a secondary conduit seal, the receptacles are limited to 30 V and 600 mA