Turck Australia has introduced JRBS junction bricks for FOUNDATION fieldbus, an innovative product family providing quick and easy connection of multiple devices to the main fieldbus trunk.
JRBS junction bricks are available with 4, 6, 8, 10 or 12 ports and feature removable terminals for simple, efficient installation and wiring modification in tight spaces.
These terminals are located on both sides of the JRBS junction brick to enable easy access for wiring from either direction and they securely screw into place eliminating the risk of becoming disconnected in high vibration environments. The JRBS junction bricks can be DIN-mounted vertically or horizontally.
The JRBS junction bricks provide short circuit protection for all ports, as well as visual status with bright LED indicators located on each spur. This allows devices to be added and removed without disruption to the network. An optional overmolded, pluggable terminating resistor is also available for use with the three pole terminal blocks.
“Turck Australia has experience in developing fieldbus technology for industrial networks,” said Robb Black, Vice-President of Turck Australia’s Network and Interface Division. “Our experience has allowed us to evaluate our customers’ specific needs for each of these networks. The JRBS junction brick was designed to meet customer demands in an easy-to-engineer package.” Robb Black adds, “JRBS junction bricks simplify installation while utilizing our proven circuit design installed in thousands of Turck Australia junction bricks currently in the field.”
IP20 JRBS junction bricks deliver a reliable, network-enabled solution for remote I/O systems in numerous industries, including:
- Oil and gas
- Power generation and distribution
- Water processing and management
In addition, several features of the JRBS junction brick make it particularly easy to set-up and use:
- Delivers a complete FOUNDATION fieldbus solution from field devices to control systems
- Available in 4, 6, 8, 10 or 12 port models
- Features removable terminals for easier access and wiring in confined areas
- Offers simple vertical or horizontal DIN-rail mounting configuration
- Pluggable terminating resistor available
- Incorporates short circuit protection with LED indication on each spur
- Features IP20-rated housing
- Offers cage-clamp terminals, screw terminals
- Hazardous location approvals permit installation in a variety of configurations